Re: i need help

>I am getting frustrated with velocity sensitivity in drum pads, as well as
the
>fact that on this one beat I am trying to create, I personally cannot make
>myself hit the pad double time ... and in-sync with the beat.

Lower/halve the tempo then try recording it again... Also investigate
quantisation of your recorded beats.

>I was wondering if anyone knows if the alesis SR-16 may have a function in
>which you may program and automate the drum pattern without having to tap
>out the pattern manually ... also, does the akai mpc2000 have such an
>option?

Step-time recording should be available on the SR-16 and MPC2000 as it is
an ubiquitous feature for drum machines, but who can say what goes through
the minds of equipment manufacturers.

ynohtnA.
--
anthony@amudarya.demon.co.uk [] http://www.amudarya.demon.co.uk