Midi footswitch for Echoplex

I am planning to get an EDP in the near future. What are the relative pros
and cons of controlling it via a midi foot pedal vs. the dedicated floor
unit? If the midi pedal does the same job, I would prefer to get one of
these for other purposes as well. There was some discussion months back
about what pedals are recommended but lost the info. What models are
recommended? Is midi timing as tight as the dedicated pedal buttons?

Appreciate any comments or links. (did a search on the web page but
couldn't
zero on on this}.

Neil Goldstein
Portland, Oregon USA