re: feedback pedal question

> Date:          Thu, 12 Nov 1998 10:55:46 -0800
> From:          Kim Flint <kflint@annihilist.com>
> To:            Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com
> Subject:       re: feedback pedal question

> Is there anything I could add to the faq that would have been more
>helpful?

Kim,
I'm sorry that I didn't mention in my original post that I had read
the FAQ and was a little confused.

The document titled: Oberheim Echoplex Footpedal Tutorial - Version
1.0 - January 5, 1997, states essentially that the EV-5 pedal will
work (even though backwards). The FAQ - Version 8 - June 30, 1998
echoes this information.

What I discovered was that the EV-5 pedal causes the loop to gradually
fade away after about 20 times. Since the FAQ and the Tutorial both
stated that the EV-5 was a good substitute, I was nervous about
spending the money to get another pedal that would only duplicate the
action of the EV-5, which I did not like. Hence, my post.

In reference to the FAQ, would suggest that either the reference to
the EV-5 be removed or that the actual performance of the pedal be
mentioned. Of course, if no one can duplicate what happened to me with
the EV-5, the point is moot. I plan on getting the FV-50L this
afternoon, so if it works like the EV-5, I'll be sure to post that
info.
Louis Hesselt-van-Dinter
editor
Music Uncovered