Re: question

93

---Nemoguitt@aol.com wrote:

> what do you all do when your muse goes on
vacation?.......i have hit a wall
> and it seems all i am now doing is attempting to
make "silk purses out of sows
> ears".....throughout december i was a nova of
creativity, burnt miles of
> tape.....now for the last week or so i cant even
buy a new idea.......any
> methods out there to re-kindle the spark or is it
just a matter of
> waiting?...........michael

Ah, the joys of burn-out. Direct force rarely seems
to work for anyone. Things to keep in mind: diet,
execise, sexual frequency/infrequency, sleep
patterns, stress levels, etc. If any of these things
are severely out of balance, then forget the musical
creativity till you re-balance, i.e. take care of
basic needs first.

Now, during these periods, I usually find it useful
to focus on grunt work (like rewiring my studio) and
chops oriented, repetitive work - stuff that needs to
be done but requires no creative fire. Like
practicing scales, arpeggios, melodic patterns, etc.
etc.

If all things seem balanced, and yet there is no
fire, then try seducing it back. Make yourself
attractive to creativity. Don't just throw 'er on the
bed and expect to get anything. Take her out to
dinner and a movie, moonlit walks and mad dashes on
the beach. Cuddle up by the fire with a good glass of
wine and book. Show her erotica (MF catalogs and
guitar magazines). Etc.

93
Rev. Doubt-Goat (king of the mixed-metaphor)
===
          The Homepages of the Doubt-Goat

               The Darsan Trio
               Sekhet Maat Oasis, O.T.O.