RE: "things" vs. programs

Please tell me what your squashboxes are!

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew P. Davignon [mailto:mdavig@sfsu.edu]
Sent: Friday 05 March 1999 3:09 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com
Subject: Re: "things" vs. programs

Personally, I prefer the "hands on" live element. I also actually like the
inability to use loop point edits. Instead, my little squashboxes give me a
plethora of little things that I can do spontaneously that computers don't
seem
to offer (to my experience). I can add to any point of the loop in "real
time"
without having to move a cursor; I can quickly decide if I want the new
portion
to add to or replace the existing portion; I can change the pitch instantly
without waiting for processing time. I can sample while changing the pitch.
All
of these are very useful to me.