"No User Control" rules!

Okay, a bit off topic.  But sure to interest a lot of folks here.
Listmember and pal Mark Landman pointed me to a great freeware Mac program
called thOnk which outputs nifty granular synthesis soundscapes and/or
naughty bits when you feed its gaping yaw with AIFF's.  Choose from about
eight "scores" which produce different results, and thOnk it.  Go for lunch
and come back to find ambient coolness on your hard drive:

http://www.audioease.com

And one I found myself which also mangles to the nines in different ways,
though the interface is a real head-scratcher.  It's called Argeïphontes
Lyre, at:

ftp://shoko.calarts.edu/pub/akira/al.sit.hqx

Also free!  And with SoundMaker at $30, I'm beginning to think maybe
computers aren't such a bad way to go, after all....

David Myers