OT! Re: if you want to pick on Peavey...

okay, here's the other side of the coin.  sorry if this is off topic...

At 02:19 PM 3/15/99 -0600, you wrote:
>I think people really don't know much about Peavey.  If you take some
>time to learn about the company and their products you will find there
>are of a higher quality than those other guys, I mean come on get real
>if you add up the sales of Fender and Gibson from last year you still
>don't equal what Peavey did.  I don't think everyone can be making the
>same mistake.

sales don't equal quality.  celene dion has shown us that.

>It is these dumb beginners that mess up.  They see these guys on TV
>playing fender and gibson but what they don't realize it that these guys
>are mostly playing American made vintage stuff, don't get me wrong some
>of it is good stuff.  But these kids go down to their local dealer and
>buy a squire "I mean stab me with a spoon" a fender squire.  Any real
>player knows a fender squire don't cut it.

i won't even ask what constitutes a "real player", but i have been a
working musician for almost half my life.  i find i use my $100 mexican
squire strat a lot these days.  the neck is comfortable, the electronics
work and i'm not afraid of having it stolen or crushed by falling amps...

okay, so it's not a klein (and to be fair, i use my klein a lot more than
the strat).

i sold all of my peavy gear years ago because i was getting tired of having
my tech have to repair things onstage mid-show.

just my opinion.

=         M  a  r   k      C  h  r  i  s  t  e  n  s  e  n          =
=     Cramped Quarters Studio / Jasperpottamus Music Publishing     =
=                  internet: murkie@middlebury.edu                  =
=          http://www.middlebury.edu/~mchriste/murkie.html          =