Re: echoplex undocumented features

check the FAQ:

http://www.annihilist.com/loop/tools/echoplex/FAQ.html

I think it answers you, if not let me know what should be added. It's still
a work in progress, I've got a bunch of old posts and stuff I still need to
organize into FAQ form. I can make particular items a priority if people
are
having trouble with it.

with undo, make sure you understand how it is affected by memory usage,
feedback, and the way you overdub.

kim

At 09:00 PM 3/17/99 +0100, Manfred Bohnhoff wrote:
>Fellow Echoplex owners,
>
>this may have been discussed before, so Iīll gladly accept any
>information source pointers.
>
>I am still at the beginning working my way through all my new plexīs
>features but I find that some donīt act the way the manual suggests.
>
>In particular, what I found out so far is that the SwitchQuant Parameter
>offers the tree values cyc, cnf, off instead of just on, off like the
>manual says. I have no intuition as to the meaning of these.
>Next, and more annoying, the undo button WILL let me erase layer by
>layer but not in the way described: long presses are ignored completely
>while short _double_  presses sometimes do the job and sometimes donīt.
>This seems to occur independently from where in the loop I am. Same to
>single short presses to remove the "tail" of the layer. They randomly
>sometimes work or donīt.
>
>Bug or feature?
>
>Is there an update to the manual somewhere?
>
>Any hints are appreciated.
>
>Manfred

Kim Flint, MTS                  408-752-9284
ATI Research                    kflint@atitech.com
http://www.atitech.com