Re: Custom Echoplex switching pedals...any interest?

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Chovit <cho@newdream.net>
To: Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com <Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com>
Date: Monday, March 22, 1999 11:49 AM
Subject: Re: Custom Echoplex switching pedals...any interest?

>You can use mutiple footpedals to control one EDP, but uou can't use one
>footpedal to control more than one EDP at a time. (Unless you use the DPDT
>switches, as Claude suggested, to keep the circuits separate.)  For two
>units, you can always run them in stereo mode, and control them with one
>footpedal.

Some thoughts...

(BTW: I use two EDPs.  I use three footswitches in a daisy chain.  Each
footswitch can control either unit A or B, but not both simultaneously.  I
haven't needed this functionality except in one instance; I'd like to MUTE
both loopers simultaneously at the end of a composition.)

RE: controlling two EDPs with one footswitch -
The EDP is simply using the resistors in the footswitch as one leg of a
voltage divider.  If you have a three position switch (i.e., A,  B,A+B),
I'd
think the A+B position could switch a single resistor into the circuit such
that both EDPs see the correct values of the other resistors.  I haven't
computed the value, but I think this should be possible.  This set-up would
not require DPDT switches.

RE: controlling more than two EDPs -
At some point, I want at least one more EDP, probably two more, so I've
thought some about how to control them.  For me, I think MIDI footpedals
are
the best solution.  As the discussion over the A+B function shows, with
multiple EDPs the player will probably want combined functions.  This can
get out-of-hand (pun intended) with the non-midi footswitches.

When I look at controlling ALL the front panel functions via MIDI, I
haven't
been able to find a simple solution to the "long press."  The MIDI pedals
I've seen aren't adequate for this function.  It seems that I need some
kind
of sequencer to send out MIDI messages to simulate a "long press."  Am I
mistaken?  Has anybody else solved this problem?

Kim!  How about a simple <bg> software mod that upon receipt of a
particular
MIDI command would simulate a "long press"?