CD Release

"Adelante" (Paul Mimlitsch - WarrŪ/Looping, Jody Janetta - Percussion, Dan
Osterweil - Saxs), has just released our debut CD.  I've put CD excerpts
(mp3
format -many thanks to StickŪmeister Greg Howard for steering me to a great
Mac mp3 formatter.) on the CD info page.  Check out:
<< http://members.aol.com/jodanpaul/adelante.html >>
for soundclips/ info.
Thanks. - Paul
PS:
If you want to read a descrition of the soundfiles (lifted off the web
site)
read on:

<<1) "Tapestry" excerpt (580k/ 1:15) - The first cut on the CD (9:47
playing
time), "Tapestry" starts off with a somewhat jaunty 3 note looped motif
with
gradually building/ evolving morose undertones. As sax and drums explore
the
changing moods, the piece evolves to establish a more open, triumphant,
feel,
with the WarrŪGuitar, Sax, Drums playing/ echoing melodies and counter
melodies. This clip is from about half way into the piece, as things start
open up.
2) "Traveler's Suite" excerpts - Track two of the CD (28:03 playing time),
"Traveler's Suite" covers a lot of textural ground. Ambient/ soundscapes,
"world" rhythms, driving fusion, all combine and evolve seemlessly to make
up
the 4 sections of "Traveler's Suite". Excerpt 1 (840k/ 1:48) is from part
2 of
the Suite and features a "touchstyle" guitar solo and sax explorations
over a
dreamy "Slit Drum"/ percussion/ soundscape/ "touchstyle" bass rhythmic
texture. Excerpt 2 (1.6M/ 3:43) is the latter part of "Part 3" (the
"spacey"section) of the Suite and features the transitional evolution into
"Part 4".

3) "for S.P." excerpt (688k/ 1:28) - Dedicated to the memory of Master
Percussionist Bill "Sonny" Perren, "for S.P.", the final piece on the CD
(7:56
playing time), features orchestral percussion and haunting Pennywhistle
over
an evolving ambient soundscape. This cut is from the end of the piece as
things are winding down and fading out.>>