sticky stuff

i know this is a little of topic here but after a failed attempt to have
my
search engine turn up something i figured there should be people on this
list
who know(or who can point me into the right direction)

im going to be buying a stick soon(12 string)
now after talking with them on the phone(and perusing the web page)ive
become
confused as to what wood/pickup to pick

other than my steinberger this will be the only instrument that i purchase
new so im not used to all this choice
i just want to know the difference in tone etc... for the purple heart,
rosewood, padua, and tarara(those are the choices i was given)
and now they have 3 pickups, the standard, the 'block' and the
lace/bartolini

any help appreciated

rodrigo