RE: Loop Religion (2)

>can anyone here point me towards these studies, or some
>literature/web sites on this topic?  where are these kinds of studies
>typically published?  psychology journals?  sociology journals?

This is what the LIBRARY is for, people! Come on! If you're too lazy/busy
go to the library as often as you should, like me, then use your browser
to go
to a university library or government site where you can hook up to the
"Books
in Print" database, WorldCat database, LoC, or one of several hundred
specific, field-related databases. Get your citations together and then go
the 'brary. If your library doesn't have the books you want, order them. If
they don't have the money to order the books, find out what your
municipality
is doing with your tax money.

I would imagine that there is reliable info on this topic in Psychology
journals--as to the "cultural" aspects of the trance/music nexus, sociology
would have much less to offer than ethnomusicology. The _Journal of
Ethnomusicology_ 10-year index has just gone on line at:

http://www.indiana.edu/~ethmusic/index8796/index8796.html

Finally, here is the CLIO citation for a book I once thought was useful on
this subject. There must be better and more up-to-date stuff out there by
now.

Anyway,

MHL.

Author = Rouget, Gilbert