Re: Fw: Drum'n Bass questions - Amen

Hello all,
This was a thread on this list a while back; I downloaded the program, and
it is extremely cool, just as the posts said.  Thanks for turning me on to
this.  I do have a couple of questions, though...
-
>>>A nice little program to get you going with d'n'b is AMEN. It's free and
>>>comes with an amen break!! and you can chop it up and sequence it
>forever
>>>very easily within the program, adding differing degrees of randomness
>etc.

Is it really practical for creating a whole tune's worth of drum
sequencing?  My experience thus far has been that if you're going to
create say, a 16-bar sequence, the "offsets" become so tiny that it's
almost impossible to work with them.  Do a whole tune, and they would be
microscopic.  Can anyone tell me what I'm missing here?

Also, I tried to use ACID loops with Amen but I couldn't, because they
were not in "16-bit mono .wav file format".  Is there a way to convert
ACID loops (which as far as I know are indeed .wav files, though they are
stereo, and I don't know how many bits) to 16-bit mono .wav format?

Is there a website where I can download 16-bit mono .wav files of
drumloops (I seem to recall a post about this very thing not too long ago)?

>>>I don't think it's being developed any further though, shame.

Shame, indeed.  Maybe if we all begged the guy...

Thanks in advance for any and all replies,

Esteban Delgado

Join 18 million Eudora users by signing up for a free Eudora Web-Mail
account at http://www.eudoramail.com