Re: SP-808???

--it only
>accepts Zip drives--and you cannot import sound files, except insofar as
>you import them directly via coax/analog.

Hello Folks-

Roland released (rather quietly) both Mac & Windows versions of SP-808
conversion software.

This program allows you to mount a 808 formatted Zip to your computer, and
convert bidirectionally to wave or aiff formats.

In all honesty I haven't worked with this yet, but it should allow
archiving of SP-808 samples to any HD you want, clean conversion w/o
resampling of wave and aiff files, and basically circumvent some of the
808's worst shortcomings.

The software can be downloaded from Roland's US site.

Now if only each 808 pad was loopable and layerable in realtime like my
EchoplexŠ

Best-

Mark