Re: Echoplex Footpedal

At 1:05 PM -0700 4/21/99, Philipp Zuercher wrote:
>Hullo all of you out there
>
>Does anybody know where I can get one of these nice but obviously
>shitty Echoplex Footpedal interruptors, the plastic ones with the nice
>red button made in Japan

those ones you can buy from Mouser, http://www.mouser.com. They are cheap,
so you can buy a whole bag of them. :-)

>My UNDO doesn't work anymore and it must be the interruptor so one

"Interruptor"  - I like that. ;-)

> of
>you Oberheim guys definitely owe me an explanation if I can find them
>in Switzerland or send me at least one of them to replace
>
>By the way, if anyone knows of a better button - old fashioned metal
>that won't let me down after another three month - that fits the
>holes, please let me know

All it needs is a momentary switch, there are lots to choose from. You
should be able to find lots of switch companies on yahoo or wherever that
sell industrial switches. They all have different feels under your feet, so
you will probably try a few before you find one you like. Installing it in
the pedal is easy.

(Despite the "cheapness" of the ones used in production in that pedal, I
always liked the feel of them. I find it pretty easy to tap accurately. A
lot of those sturdy, metal switches tend to be much stiffer and harder to
press, so it isn't so easy to tap the loops accurately.)

> and I will pray for you to go to Looper's
>Heaven when you will pass away

ah well, I wasn't really expecting to end up there anyway....

kim