Re: midi looping hardware

I<< without getting into the hardware vs. software argument, i'm
interested in
 finding a hardware (non-computer) solution for overdubbing MIDI events in
 similar way in which the EDP overdubs audio.>>

I do overdubbing similar to what you describe on my Roland MC50 sequencer
(used $200).  I can setup locate points or simply use 'loop play' mode and
mute tracks or add tracks on each iteration.  Along with my MC50, an EDP,
Korg Prophecy and a Korg X5DR module, I can do some amazing things all on
my
lonesome.  Even though I've had one for 5 whole months, I've finally
learned
enough about my SP-808 (loaded with ambient and vocal samples) to throw it
into the mix now and that's going very well.  It is a really great
machine,
despite some of the negative comments I've heard.  But the 'Boss' of the
outfit is the MC50 (with a little help from me).

BTW: many of the samples I use on the SP-808 were created with my EDP.  I
understand, as well, that Roland has just come out with a monster, new
sequencer, the MC80. eat your heart out time...again!

Bill 'Hawkeye' Reiter