Re: Cool Jaco loop stuff

Hi Joshua,

>It's a double CD set with Disc 1 being a trio date with Jaco,
> rock-star guitarist Bireli LeGrene,

Rock-star??  Bireli Le Grene??!   Have you heard him on Larry Coryell's
"Spaces Revisited" CD?  Not exactly Eddie Van Halen fare, if you ask me...
BTW, if you haven't heard that disc, and being a Jaco fan, you would
certainly dig the bass player on that session, a guy named Richard Bona.
He's from Cameroon, of all places.  He's also on the Zawinul "World Tour"
CD.  He solos on both discs, but not nearly enough!  What a monster!
At any rate, the Jaco disc sounds great; thanks for telling us about it.
I'm always looking for music for my radio show, and it sounds like this
would be a good one to have.  I had the pleasure of seeing Jaco with Pat
Metheny and a well-known drummer whose name escapes me right now many years
ago in a tiny little club in Boston called The Jazz Basement (I saw Miles
there too!).  Jaco stole the show, as he did every time I saw him with
Weather Report.

> Has anyone heard the "Jungle Funk" disc with Doug Wimbish and Will
Calhoun?

Yes; as a matter of fact, I first heard about them on this very list.
GREAT
musicians, but a little too "pop" for me.  I would also say they could use
good guitarist, but perhaps I'm prejudiced, being one myself.

Steve Delgado