Bob Moses

"Bright Sized Life" features; Pat, Jaco and of course ....Bob Moses (the
drummer who's name alludes).  I recently saw him appearing with the Joel
Harrison Quartet.  (Pardon the loopy digression)Harrison seems to be
exploring looping possiblities via guitar with a Boomerang.  While it was
nice to see, he hadn't really mastered his device yet but it did lend some
nice textures to his free jazz stew.
But I've gotten off the point, I was talking about Bob Moses. He's a great
player and an interesting and dynamic improviser with a palette of
interesting sounds.  He's developed a wonderfully unconventional style of
drumming (highly sampleable).  Moses is currently working on a duo project
with John Medeski.  I don't know if they're recording but they're playing
with Charlie Hunter and Adam Cruz on a double duo bill at the Somerville
Theatre in Somerville, MA May 22nd.