I'm away for a bit

I'm writing this from the web.  I'm sorry to share a bit of dark news with
you about my computer, which fried last Saturday night.  It burned my hard
drives for some reason, I still don't know why, but, after the repairs, I
found the motherboard and CPU were fine.  I've lost everything in my hard
drives, including a great deal of e-mail from this wonderful Loopers'
Delight.  To those whom I owe information or help because of my neglect,
please re-e-mail me.  I should have my computer up and running with a new
little hard drive late tonight.

Let this be a lesson to you:  Back up, back up and back up!  I did not
back up my effing computer.  I lost a great deal of music software,
musical experiments, bits and pieces I was working with, collections of
interesting things from all over the Web, writings I'd been doing, etc.,
etc.  I can't remember everything that was in there, but every time I do
remember another thing, it's like another knife twisting inside.

I never thought my computer would do this, but it did!  It's costing me a
hell of too much money to put it back together, and all it would have cost
me was an effing cheap $250 back-up drive from HP.  Would-have,
should-have...  I'm also gonna get a battery back-up unit from APC, which
is said to also protect from spikes and other electrical meanies.

Back up your computer data!

Sorry for the lack of looping content.