Re: EDP X File.

At 11:06 PM -0700 5/25/99, Mark Sottilaro wrote:
>OK, what gives?  Over the last couple of weeks I've made several
>requests for EDP availability info, and have heard not a peep.  I've
>never seen one, but I want to believe!  Is Gibson making them?  I've
>surfed and surfed, but no sign of 'em.

Sorry, I guess I could have answered, but I've been busy and not paying
much attention lately.

Gibson closed Oberheim a while ago, but they kept the Echoplex. There has
been the usual batch of rumors about the echoplex being out of production,
but that's not true. I think they just wanted to get rid of a bunch of
other products that weren't selling at all, and decided to bail on the
whole division. Echoplex was the only gem in that tar pit, so they kept it
alive. They were a bit slow to decide what to do with it after that, but it
now seems that they are moving it to the Opcode division (at least for
production of it, I don't know what they will call it.) I went to Opcode
the other day to help them sort some things out; it seems pretty positive.

Unfortunately, it's temporarily unavailable right now, while they switch
the production to Opcode. Hopefully it will only take them a month or two
to get that going. It probably wouldn't hurt to call Opcode and ask them to
please hurry up. If they know people want it, they will probably make it a
higher priority and get it out faster. (hint, hint, wink, wink.....)

>I seem to remember my sister once using one, but after that she was
>never seen again.

She's a lovely girl. She says to say hello. ;-)

kim