Re: Korg ToneWorks AX1-G

> From: Tim Nelson <tcn62@ici.net>
> Subject: Korg ToneWorks AX1-G

> Have any of you tried Korg's ToneWorks AX1-G Guitar Multi-Effects
Processor?
> For the price ($140) it sounds a little too good to be true, but I'm
> wondering if it's at least in the same league with the Headrush and the
> Zoom 2100.

well- i haven't tried it yet - but i'll tell ya - a year after getting it -
i'm still VERY blown away by the sounds i get from it's immediate
predecessor - the korg toneworks AX300G - no built in pedal, but jacks for
any 2 volume/expr. pedals to be used as vol. and expr. inputs... great -
diverse sounds - several distortions, all the basic time based stuff - 2
sec delay (??) phazer, flgr, chorus, pitch shift, tremolo, RING MOD,
OSCILLATOR - which is especially great to llop - this sound patch always
turns heads.

quiet, sturdy -quick setup, excellent food for my loopers - i feed them all
manner of chopped, diced audio thru this beast -the vortex loves to chew on
some ring mod/distorto sounds, while my time machine enjoys the oscillator
with pedal controlled pitch shift.

so - what does all this mean?? if the AX1G - which i'm gonna try someday -
is anywhere near the quality of the ax300G - which i hear it is - then it's
a winner. The one thing i'm wondering, is how they worked out with only 2
pedals, the whole  random bank/prog switching. the ax300g is a dream in
this aspect - you can change bank/patch while playing one patch... and it
stays in stdby until you want it.

My verdict - TRY THE SUCKER -- a couple times if you need to - but from
what i hear, it's a deep, deep deep unit that is not getting marketed well
-- i saw one catalog describe it as ' an expression pedal'..... no -it's a
seriou multi  effect monster in one pedal. I see Zoom has a competing,
similar looking device - even with a drum machine!! built in!!

wanna hear korg ax300g?? here's a sneaky re-plug!!! i play in a zappa trib
band, amongst other things... if we're in yr town i'd love to meet some
loopers. A CD or a couple cassettes gets you in.... OR - just check out our
real audio (link below) - it's all from the knit/halloween 98 - and all
guitar is via the Korg Ax300G and a tube combo.

andre'

ON TOUR Jun 9-20
Project Object with Zappa band guitarist/vocalist since 1978-1993
IKE WILLIS
performing the MUSIC of FRANK ZAPPA
details>> http://projectobject.com