Re: Loop length query

>>Topic suggestion:
>>How many of you folks routinely use loops longer than, say 10
>>sec.?

Something nobody mentioned in this thread, which seems obvious to me but I
guess not to all you arty ambient soundscape guys, is looping the chord
progression or bassline of a tune and playing the melody or soloing over
it. I do this with jazz tunes - make a loop of myself comping one chorus,
and then use that as background for solos. I mostly do it to practice, but
I've seen people do it live, too, with various instruments. One time
through most jazz standards is usually quite a lot more than 10 seconds,
unless you play it *really* uptempo.... same for other types of music, too.

kim