Re: Korg ToneWorks AX1-G Vs. Akai Headrush

At 10:40 AM -0700 5/31/99, Hawkeye255@aol.com wrote:
>The Akai is leagues ahead of the Korg AX1-G for looping (though far behind
>the EDP).  With the Headrush you can continue to add layers to your loop
>or
>stop all layers except the original loop then add new layers again.  The
>Korg
>sample and loop function is almost impossible to use.  I have both and
>hardly
>ever use the Korg for anything except it's great wah effects.

I tried the Korg AX1-G at NAMM to see it's looping features, and I couldn't
even figure out how to get it to loop at all! I tried all sorts of things
that seemed obvious and not obvious, and eventually convinced one of the
demo guys to explain it to me, and I still couldn't make it work.
Programming it seemed confusing too. The interface is just way too limited
for what they tried to pack into it.....

kim