Re: Korg ToneWorks AX1-G

Kim wrote :

> So, if there is still audio playing in at the point where you end the
>loop,
> you probably get a click, right? If you don't do a crossfade or use
> zero-crossing tricks, I don't see how you could prevent that. The
> discontinuity between the end sample and the start sample will sometimes
>be
> big enough to be an audible click.

My opinion is that the problem is not phase discontinuity itself.

Kim, I suppose you should have noticed something : What do you think
about these two similar cases ?

-1- a pure 10 khz sin wave
-2- a pure 100 Hz sin wave

Do you think the problem is quite similar even for golden ears ?

if not, then you will probably find out the answer : the problem is not
where we suppose it is. Don't get trapped by waveforms on screens and
just think more in terms of energy!

> I guess the typical dj would be looping
> something with a percussive attack at the beginning of the loop, so maybe
> it's not so noticeable for that case.

In most cases, I never get a click, or very seldom .(If so, I just
sample again)
It is because my tempo is o'clock accurate with the flow I am recording,
and most of the time what I am recording comes out from sampled music
... at the exact same tempo. But it also works great with good old stuff
rock music anyway.

> But just wait, there will be some guy who finds it screws up his music,
>and
> boy will he complain! :-)

The main point of the DJRND2 is to loop records, and if you can get the
good tempo, most of the time it doesn't give any matter.

But of course I won't bet so much on live basslines recording for
instance, which is not what the DJRND2 has been mainly made for.

Emmanuel