Re: John Cage recordings ("scientific"?)

In a message dated 6/9/99 1:36:31 AM Mid-Atlantic Daylight Time,
tcn62@ici.net writes:

<< But the best part of it all was the blank stare the interviewer wore on
his
 face while Ms. Anderson enthusiastically talked tech >>

i find this "blank stare" appear with 99% of the people who ask me what
kind
of music i play, there is a little excitement when i say i play guitar,
but
the second i bring up the idea of playing with "sounds", creating a sonic
wallpaper, they all get a bit fuzzy and want me to go away or a least
change
the topic........perhaps its my inability to communicate what i do without
getting into the "tech" aspect.........."are you in a band?" is always the
question after "what do you play" and when i answer, "i am the band" they
seldom, if ever say "tell me more"............thank goodness for
LD...........michael