Re: Drugs+music: Off topic?

I very much agree with Mark,
...and the fact that what binds us freaks together is the interest in
loops, in some bizarre love/interest in repetion/hypnosis, in the making
of music and/or sounds that by their very nature produce a trancelike
(or mind altered) state. Of course the aim of all music is to produce an
emotional response, and the particular response that we loopers are
looking for is some shortcut to our unconscious. That said are we not
the very same bunch of people who, while not necessarily taking drugs,
should embrace and empathise with those artists who do, for they
themselves are using drugs to reach a place where their inspiration is
pure emotion in a primal way, and therfore continue to push the
boundaries of art/music to evermore meaningfull heights.
I myself have used drugs on some occasions and have stopped now (mostly)
I care a little too much for my health/bank balance and the crappy
feeling the next day. There are risks of course, and I suspect that many
addict musicians get to that position but taking drugs as a replacement
for the adrenalin high that one experiences from playing live, and that
is a shame, but inspirational careful non abusive use, I can see many
benefits.

DOPE TALE #1
I once played a gig completely left handed after taking acid, I didnt do
it for some kind of intellectual experiment, I just forgot that I was
right handed, the result? Well... I guess you could say that an
industrial indie band became kinda... um....jazz?

MArk Francombe Red

--
\
-\