Useable DOD D12 Flaw

Greetings:
For any of you who use a DOD D12, I discovered a flaw that I have been able to use to my advantage. Forgive me if this is common knowledge.

I use the delay mode almost exclusively for looping (the sampler sucks). I had the delay time set to 12 seconds and the looping button engaged which allows for playing over the top of recorded loops without adding additional recording. As I was looping, I accidentally hit the Mix dial which balances the direct signal with the delay signal. I bumped the mix all the way to the right (nothing audible but delay signal). The suddeness of the bump caused a slight delay time variation in the recorded loop, thus giving it a tonal wobble that was now permanently part of the loop. At first, I was pissed off because I was really digging the loop I was working on. However, I realized that by rapidly "jiggling" the mix dial, I could make some cool distortions in the loop, kind of like an irratic LFO wave. The D12 does have an effect mode that does some generic manipulation but this manual "jiggling" is a bit more quirky and fun. As some may know, the D12 is definitely the low-budget looping tool in comparison to an EDP or Jamman. However, sometimes the faults of the cheaper toys can be blessings in disguise.
Regards,
Alan Imberg