Re: about the $4.95 Cd's

 jeff and concern-ed loopers

remember the inceredible 1/3 price CD's

got my entire 10 cd order for $53 and change . . . some pretty esoteric
stuff, too ranging from Inlakesh (didgeridu trance group) to Dino Saluzzi
on
ECM and Squarepusher's rotted note . . .

(yeah, Kim--only one guy--I know)

all seem to be the original manufacturor's discs (and I have one or two of
them from the library for comparison)

so, happy endings for all and the threat to the recording industry is not
the MPEG after all, right . . .

BUT WAIT . . .

i go back to the site with a list of about 25 things or so I want to get .
.
.

my bookmark comes up as a screen displaying "no SKU available" or something
to that effect

i click on the music box and about a dozen Cds appear--Backstreet Boys,
Jamiroquai and that ilk . . .  at $8.95 apiece (and WAY overpriced at that)

and that is it--apparently their entire music selection--I punched Miles
Davis in to the search box that formerly gave me a page of $4.95 selections
and "no match found"

the golden goose is dead--undoubtedly killed by Tower, CDNow and everyone
else who want to make an honest 200% markup on those little silver frisbees

probably just as well--I'd never make my own noise with all these $5 Cds
flowing in  ;)

drone on~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tom Lambrecht
hideo@concentric.net