Re: Mackie experts

For the general assistance of all (perhaps), I will set forth the
envisioned solution to my admittedly particular difficulty.  Don't I wish
that there were the usual sends available in greater quantity on the 1202
VLZ, but....  I see that if I have loop device one's output coming in on
channel two (for example), and loop device two on channel three, I can
Y-cord the inputs of these channels to channels 5/6 and 7/8 respectively,
then select "alt 3/4 bus" for those channels, and create a "send" (two,
actually, with hard-panning 5/6 left and 7/8 right) for the two and three
channels alone.  The advantage over using the insert points being that at
least I have pot control over the sends' output--as well as EQ on what is
sent.  Of course "mute" on any channel is lost, but some crazy goodness
might be had by thus momentarily sending a channel over 3/4 to whatever
awaits....

Thanks to all for the responses.

David Myers