Sad Sad Sad News

Here is a message I got recently, YEESH!!

Subject: URGENT/SY GEAR STOLEN!From: krakkak@aol.com (Krak kak)
Date: Sun, 04 July 1999 03:46 PM EDT
STOLEN!
july 4 1999LA/Orange County
Hello all, this is Lee from Sonic Youth here, we have had a fucked
upsituation
come down on us over this last night--a brand new Ryder truck parked at a
Ramada Inn in Orange County with ALL OF OUR GEAR IN IT was STOLEN!  All
ofour
guitars, tools, amplifiers, drums, synth -- EVERYTHING.  We are fucked,
both
for the show tonight at the "This Ain't No Picnic" here in Orange Co.,
andfor
shows upcoming this week in Austin and Santa Fe.  Our guitars are all
mostly
older and either very modified and/or fucked up/beat up.  They
areunmistakably
ours, as are some of the amps, including my own 60s Fender Concert with the
red/blue/yellow "Jasper Johns-style" target on it.
We are asking ANYONE with ANY INFORMATION about this to get in touch with
usas
soon as possible by calling our man Aaron Blitzstein in New York City at
212.343.2314, or via email to "Mascaras66@aol.com".  Call collect if
youwant
to.  Please no pranks, all, this is really serious--all the gear we've
usedto
write our last few LPs worth of stuff, instruments used for songs old
andnew
which if truly lost will mean those songs will be lost forever.
Help us out if you can, there will be a reward for any info, I'm sure.
Allour
road cases, etc, are fully marked up with our name on them, the gtrs are so
unusual that they won't really be too hard to mistake.  ANY info at all
willbe
appreciated.
If the thieves themselves read this, I'm sure we'd rather buy the stuff
back
from you than lose it forever (you fukkerz).here are some descriptions of
gear:\
drums: green satin flame 60s Gretch kit (w "paisley" glow in dark kik head
Fender ToneMaster head and 4x12 cabinet
Fender blackface Concert (4x10) w "Target design" spraypainted on front
PeeVey RoadMaster HeadMarshal 4x12 cab
Mesa Boogie 400+ bass head/4x10 cab/18" cab
Fender Bassman head (two!)/ 2x12 fender cabFender presicion Bass
Gibson Les Paul Jr w snoopy sticker
Fender Jazzmasters and Jaguars--lots of 'em, mostly modified to hell (orig
electronix pulled, diff p/u's etc) and usually way beat up.
Travis Beans--1 koa wood, one red beat to shit
White roadcase/briefcase full of gtr tools
we will post more equip info later...  thanks in advance for any help...
PLEASE PASS THIS LIST ON TO ANYONE WHO MIGHT BE OF HELP!   ---Lee/Sonic
Youth