Re: so when do we get the EDP news?/reasons to have boomerang AND EDP

At 10:30 PM -0700 7/8/99, L. Stafford wrote:
>>PS:  another question from the impatient:  How many good reasons do
>people
>>have for having both a boomerang and an EDP?  Are people using them
>>together?  Is the reverse function really worth having a 'rang too?  Any
>>other reasons/thoughts on the matter?
>If you need pristine audio quality, the 'rang is not the way to go.  That
>said, I absolutely love the slightly warm digital aliasing/grunge that it
>has.  The only feature it has which the EDP does not, is the
>"half-speed"/"double-speed" mode,

hmmm, not for long.....;-)

>which sounds amazingly gritty and cool
>when you record a loop and drop it into half-speed mode (i.e. transposes
>it
>down an octave).  Unfortunately, you must stop playback momentarily to
>enter the half-speed mode

yes, I must say, tapping instantaneously in and out of half speed while
overdub is on over a reversed, granularly-multiplied loop is way
fun.....y'all should try it some time....

>IMO the EDP going out of
>production is a great opportunity for the folks at Boomerang to grab a
>bigger piece of the looping pie.  I hope they take advantage of it by
>improving their existing products/creating new ones.

not only is the echoplex not going out of production, we be makin' it mo'
betta....

kim