Re: DJRND2

> But a permanent cyclic loop straightly defined in terms of tempo and
> bars set you free from any need of external sync, and rec start can
> appear wherever around the wheel, the loop being perfectly made once a
> whole revolution made. The method works in terms of Omega/phi (Omega =
> pulsation = tempo) and (Phi = phase = differential bar synchronization),
> Omega commun to every loop, Phi given for each loop. It is a BPM
> gearwheels recording machine. No start/end points. Free running in your
> own beat where you can record at any time during your playback. An
> eternal and fiendish grooving method which allows BPM changes.

I think I get the eternal gearwheel groove machine part and it sounds
groovy,
but how does it allow BPM changes?  Where does BPM come in?  Isn't the
circumference of your metaphoric eternal groove gearwheel just the
duration of
the repeating loop?  Do you have to put in the BPM and then the number of
beats you wish to loop?

And why a gearwheel?  A gearwheel can work with other gearwheels of
different
radii.  Are you saying that your gizmo can playback loops of different
durations?  So that with a 3 second loop and a 7 second loop, they would
both
begin at the same time every 21 seconds?  That sounds pretty freaky deaky.

Also if you change the BPM this would alter the circumference of your
gearwheel? If, say, you add to the circumference of your gearwheel,
increasing
the loop duration from 5 to 7 seconds, does the extra 2 seconds show up as
silence or do you time/pitch-stretch the loop to wrap around the new,
bigger
gearwheel?  Conversely if you decrease the loop duration does that eat up
part
of the existing loop?  Or does all the existing sound get erased and you
start
over again?