EDP question

I'm learning my EDP (kind of like learning my ABCs).

When I push 'reverse' from my front panel, (by first selecting the bottom
row
of parameters and then the column where 'reverse' is located,) I get
instead
'loop/delay'.  I do this when a loop is already running, and when the
green
light is lit in the column where 'reverse' is located.

I know the reverse function works, because when I set 'insertMode' to
'rev',
it works fine.

I've searched the manual (searching the manual has already illuminated
other
goofs on my part), but I can nae find wha I am doing wrong.  Anyone?

kevin