Re: MAX and PC's

>in my recent inquries on random midi and pitch stuff ive gotten alot of
>feedback on MAX
>now as far as i know this is a strictly mac thing
>is there any pc equivalent?

    Actually...there is a quite good PC equavalent, but you
    need to be running WindowsNT or Linux.  It is called
    "Pure Data." Like Max, Pure Data was invented by
    Miller Puckette.   You could do a search on "Pure Data"
    along with "Miller Puckette", and would probably find
    it pretty quick.  It follows the same kind of "connect
    the blocks" programming paradigm as Max does. It is available
    at http://man104nfs.ucsd.edu/~mpuckett/software.html

    If you are running Linux on your PC, there is a new free
    version of Max called jMax.  It is available from
    IRCAM at http://www.ircam.fr/equipes/temps-reel/jmax/

    Finally, as a max user, there have been intimations by
    David Zicarelli (the guy responsible for the port of
    Max from the Next machines at IRCAM to the Mac)
    that a PC version may be coming around soon. possible
    infor at http://www.cycling74.com