Re: New looping pedal--Line 6 DL-4 Delay Modeler.

In a message dated 7/24/99 7:12:31 PM, ENAT21213@aol.com writes:

>anyone know if your able to connect a simple (cheep) foot-switch to tap
>in
>the tempo..........or do have to tap it in from the unit it self.....like
>the
>line 6 pod (without there foot-switch witch cost extra)
>brian

Well, I've been poring over the very detailed Harmony-Central press
release,
and observed the following:
There's 4 foot switches on each of the new L6 stompers. The Delay stomper
has
3 user presets, while the others each have 4...one per foot switch, I
suppose.
The Delay Modeler includes "on board Tap Tempo Control," and you can just
barely see that it's that fourth switch.  Most interesting is the idea
that
there's an "expression pedal input for real-time control of ALL EFFECT
SETTINGS...", which include Delay Time, Repeats, Tweak, Tweez, and
Mix...SO,
no HOLD function?? Maybe that's a tweak or a tweez when you're in
"Boomerang"
mode? To bad there ain't 2 pedal inputs...

Re: Stereo, no doubt it does mostly sum to mono, but that can be handy.
And
no doubt some of the effects use the stereo outs well—there IS a stereo
delay
setting—2 independent delay lines, and a Ping Pong-er.

I'm delighted to see so much activity in the under-$300  long-delay
market—nods to Akai, Korg Kaoss, etc..., and to see how almost all the new
cheap guitar gizmos include some kind of phrase sampling, or some such.
Sure,
I'm waiting for more folks to model the future instead of the past, too
(and
am greatly enjoying the criminally underappreciated products that already
do,
like the VG-8, Vortex, and the Korg DL8000...), but Line6's other products
all seem to have a quite encouraging blend of retro and whizzo....plus
apparently a healthy dose of whin-o for those that savor that bouquet.
I've
can get into it myself now and then.
dpc