Re: New looping pedal--Line 6 DL-4 Delay Modeler.

-----Original Message-----
From: b.knox <b.knox@latrobe.edu.au>
To: Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com <Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com>
Date: Saturday, July 24, 1999 7:33 AM
Subject: Re: New looping pedal--Line 6 DL-4 Delay Modeler.

>yawn...
>
>this line6 vintage simulation thing is well.. old already..
>why don't they make some goddamn *new* effects with that "patented
>digital modeling technology"? even a convincing simulation of something
>is always less exciting than something truly original IMHO. who are
>these line6 people and where did they come from?

Knox knocks the nail on the head! Too many clones! With all that
tone-shaping power you'd think they could make something that could sound
like a horde of aluminum locusts at dawn in December after a three day
'frop
binge. I bet the problem is at least partly due to some $-based decision
about three years ago, when some suit said, "Hey! This retro thing is
selling big. Let's make our next chip ALL retro." Much easier than using
some creativity. Then they burned gazillions of retro-friendly chips and
now
they're figuring out how to wrap them in new boxes and make them
salable....