Re: New looping pedal--Line 6 DL-4 Delay Modeler.

Excellent point, K.Douglas. The only problem I see with it is that "new"
sounds don't stay new for very long. If Line-6 (or Roland, or Korg,
Digitech, etc.) introduced a box o' aluminum locusts (& their Martian
counterparts) it might well become the "flavor of the month" for a little
while, then show up as a glut on eBay. Don't get me wrong; I enjoy warped
stompboxes as much as anyone, and can't wait for the first wave of Space
Station enthusiasts to get bored so I can pick one up for fifty bucks! I
think Line-6's intentions were probably good in putting several popular
retro effects in one package; the real estate around one's feet can get
pretty cluttered. But I do agree with what you've all said about gear
that's too exclusively retro-targeted; it would be great if someone made a
box that offered some of each, a representative, usable selection of both
"classic" sounds and original, futuristic stuff. But then that same suit
would shoot the idea down, because obviously the thing would be so great
that nobody would buy NEXT year's model!

Tim