short looping times

It's funny, I've had only 4 second loop pedals and I've never felt shorted
by
it. Now I have a computer and I rarely ever use it to make loops. The added
"live" control of the hands on approach to me surpasses the ability to
loop for
longer and edit better. I wind up with short loops with unusual,
unpredicted
rhythmic or melodic patterns. If I were to do the same thing with longer
loops,
my music would become too hard to follow and I probably wouldn't enjoy it
any
more.

The other night, I spent three hours or so editing myself a 15 second loop
on
the computer. It sounds pretty, but I don't know what else I'd add to it,
or
how I'd spice it up into a CD-worthy song. Besides, I'm way too lazy to
spend
that much time working to get a final product.

matt davignon

p.s. David Orton, it looks like we lost you on the (CF) chain. Could you
please
respond to a CF mail?