Re: Trickle-down theory of creativity (was: preset nightmares (RANT))

Plus it's like those CDs of loops you can get for Sonic Foundry's ACID.
Sure,
they sound real cool, but the only problem is that you and like 432,931,359
other people are using them.  I mean, I'd love to have the sexy loop of
that
woman moaning "All of my most sensitive areas were inflamed" on one of my
songs, but as I write this there are 15,000 FILA-wearing yuppie kids who
are
playing that very loop on GeoCities web pages that will list on AltaVista
if
you do a search on the words "who's your daddy".

So basically the only use you can really get out of them is as inspiration
-
for example, I could go out and find someone to get her sensitive areas
inflamed just for me and then speak clearly into a microphone.  Then the
loop
would be mine, all mine, to paraphrase Mick Jagger (whose sensitive areas,
by
the way, are inflamed as I write this).  Of course, even after I got her to
inflame her sensitive areas while a microphone was present, she still
couldn't
just say "All of my most sensitive areas were inflamed", that wouldn't do.
It's already been done (q.v.).  No, She'd have to reword it slightly, into
something like:

    "Hey, I'm real swollen"

or maybe

    "I think I'm retaining water"

or something like

    "Take a look at this.  Should I see a doctor?"

or

    "Tim, could we record this later? I'm like way bloated right now."

And once again we have a clear line between the educated, brilliant, lofty
professionals high on the mountaintop who are doing the cool stuff --and
me,
the moron.

Then of course, there are those 468 cheesy, crappy loops that you get with
the
Roland Groovebox MC303 which are just cheesy and crappy.  I don't know this
personally, I heard it from mailto:heatshrink@hotmail.com

Tim