preset nightmares (RANT)

can we please stop rubbishing other people politicoreligious views
and concentrate on slagging music equipment with non-erasible
presets and plug in transformers.
In other words, I totally agree with other loopers that (generally)
useless presets taking up valuable memory sucks donkey (as I believe
Americans say). Plus I have a plastic bag under the stairs which
is stuffed full of plug-in transformers 'cos I power everything off
a centrallised psu.

I propose that we name and shame offenders:

Black mark to --- Waldorf Pulse, 128 patches, only 40 overwittable
and the biggest fuck-off monster plug-in transformer ever.

Gold star to --- Korg Electribe, 256 patches all overwrittable!
nice small transformer, will easily accomodate plugs either side.

The only bit of kit I use the presets on is a Boss SX700 'cos I can't
figured out how to program the bastard thing. Great effect but no
wonder their selling them off cheap.

Jim Carter

University of Bristol
Cantock's Close