Re: hello!

Dear Lorne,

    LOL!  Sorry about calling you Id a few times there.  Anywho, let me
answer your questions in reverse...

    My abouts, well at last count they were firmly attached to my stern,
but
we both know that this is a detachable and replaceable thing...

    A few pointers with the add-on of volume pedal usage...  I'm using an
older metal case and a new plastic E-Bow (without the Octave Boost) on
pretty
much all of my instruments with either or passive electronics or actives.
good rule of thumb is to not use it with Active Electronics as you may
incur
a bit of damage, at least this is what I've been told a few times, though
I've not seen anything on this in the Heet homepage.
    I've even used both E-Bows on a single instrument for some really
interesting drone and soloing effects on acoustic instruments using piezo
or
internal mics, and those with magnetic pickups that are fully electric
instruments.

    Works great for triggering a Casio MG-510, Ibanez MIDI 2010, Roland
GR-500, GR-700 and the GR-9, but for the newer synths, ... jury's out on
this
one.  I know that it didn't work well in the stores, but now that I have a
GR-30, I'll be able to give it a better run through.

    Volume pedals are great and personally I have to say are my favourite
device outside of phase pedals, ... need to get a new one of these, too!
In
my case, I'm using one before a digital delay pedal, placed before my
Boomerang.  This way I can use the volume pedal (passive for me) to create
swells and then use the digital delay to sustain the notes/tones produced.

    Another thing is that I've been doing is using a second volume pedal
as a
kill/mute if the Boomerang starts doing some odd and strange things and
I'm
getting too much feedback.  Ummmm,...  I tend to go direct into a PA board
now that I've finally gotten a guitar synth, so I may end up selling off
my
Guitar Head for something more useful such as a noise gate or a rack mount
for the guitar sound though I have to admit, the brightness in the guitar
is
actually nice...

    Now then, fun things to do with an E-Bow, is of course, using it to
create more wind-instrumenty voices, ... finally sussed out a way on the
Carvin to nearly duplicate a doubouk sound.  Pretty much it is jacking up
the
tone on the neck pickup to just before you get that majour boost of
brightness, in my case about 8.  Set the pickup to out of phase and volia.
little use of the whammy bar and you're set.  Sounds best in and around
the
range of the 6th fret to the 15th on the low E to the B string.

    One thing that is also really helpful in dealing with the E-Bow is the
audio tape and docs that come with it and practicing the techniques
therein.

    Above all else, the best advice I can give is to have fun with it.

    Tchus,

        Lee-ohki.