Re: boomerang vs. headrush

Dear all,

    Have to concur with the last post concerning the Zoom 2100, it is a
great
unit, though I have to admit, I prefer using the Boomerang for loops, the
Zoom 2100 usually gets relegated to the role of different effects and the
occasional sample and hold, but that's just my $0.02 for that one.  I will
say that the extra $30.00 for the expression pedal is EXTREMELY worth it.

    As for the original post concerning whether or not you'd want to go
for
the Akai Headrush or the Boomerang, it really matters up to you, and what
you're looking to use the looper for...  In my case, I end up using the
Boomerang to create multiple drones and eventually get around to soloing
over
top of the loops that are generated in the Boomerang.  The reverse is
probably the coolest "effect" on this beastie, though you have to remember
that it is going to play everything in reverse that was sampled prior, and
not just what you added.  Have to say that in lots of ways it reminds me
of
my old (tape) echoplexi but is MUCH quieter.
    Not sure if the Headrush has this issue, but you'll really want to
watch
out for any line level equipment and you'll also want to take a few steps
back occasionally.  It (the Boomerang) has a very tiny learning curve, but
that's it, the unit is really intuitive!

    Tchus,

        Lee-ohki.