Re: Cakewalk and Looping?

I've been doing some cursory research into CAL (Cakewalk's scripting
language).  I have Cakewalk Pro 8 and am looking into using CAL to
"massage"
percussion scores and algorithmically make minor changes in order to make
the
track sound slightly less robotic.  You know, like lower the volume of
every
third bass hit by a couple of percent, randomly raise/lower volume or
change
the panning of crash symbol hits to make it sound like the drum kit is
bigger,
alter the placement of a tom hit every once in a while so that it's a few
milliseconds off.

Have you read any of the CAL documentation?  It looks fairly powerful.  You
might be able to use scripting to take sequences of MIDI notes and
manipulate
them in some way that simulates looping.  I haven't actually used it so
take
eveyrthing I just said with a pillar of salt.

Anyway, it might be something to look into.  If I learn any more about it I
will pass it along to you and I would appreciate you doing the same if you
find out some cool stuff.

Peace
Tim