Re: Vintage...

In a message dated 08/18/1999 9:28:04 AM Central Daylight Time,
murkie@panther.middlebury.edu writes:

<< yeah, i love telling people i paid $10 for my original issue tube
screamer
 and $15 each for an original big muff and small stone.

 those were the days... >>

Reminds me of when I bought my ProCo Rat when I was in college, 1983 or 4,
Denton, Texas.  And then I remembered, for some reason, that in a class on
electronic composition (which meant we got to use the Synclavier,
basically),
I hooked up the output of the Synclavier to the Rat.  Using an FM
algorithm
containing some serious aliasing, it sounded pretty sick, like Tuvan
throat
singing,  or maybe throat-puking.  There's a case of using our well-drawn
road map (as hartnett called it) to go to hell.  What was I thinking?

wwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeoooooooooeeeeeeeeooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggg
gggggggggggggggggggggg