Re: Ensoniq DP/PRO? Still worth buying?

i have one and i love it.  the looping time is very limited, but you can
really twist a loop once it's in there.  you can even slow it down until
it
stops.  it can do alot of bizarre things well, due to it's ability to set
parameters far beyond "normal" settings.  more than that, some of the
effects (reverb and dynamics) are top notch.

a big point against the dp/pro is the *serious* lag time while changing
presets.  this can really suck live, but in certain applications, like
mine,
it doesn't matter too much.

i'm keeping my eyes open for a second dp/pro if i can get one cheap enough.

matt

>From: Chlorine Dream <metaphor@earthlink.net>
>To: Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com
>Subject: Ensoniq DP/PRO? Still worth buying?
>Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 18:17:16 -0700
>
>Anyone have any opinions about this unit? I've seen one used for $410 at
>a local music shop.

The price I pay for free, private email is the following commercial
message...