Why not make Echoplexes ourselves?

Hi all,

I have no idea whether this post is going to reach the list at all as I
had some trouble with previous posts in the past (must have something to
do with me return ID or so). Just a silly question, brought forward by
someone who´s just pissed off with seeing Oberheim ignoring the wishes of
thousands of musicians worldwide: Why don´t we go out and build
Echoplexes ourselves? I mean, there can´t be too much mystery going on
inside these modules, and the mere fact the some people managed to cook
up something like the Paradise Loop Delay just goes to show that it is
possible to design and built something like this yourself, once you´ve
found someone technically skilled enough to do that job for you. This
would also allow the designer to incorporate performance/MIDI/sync
features into the machine that have never been possible before. So, who´s
going to do that job (mail me privately, please, I´d like to have two
units anyway)?

Stephen Parsick