Re: Digitech 2120 Loop-a-Dope (I'M NOT ALONE!!!)

I've got to pipe in & second that emotion!

I upgraded my 2112 to 2120 status about a month ago &
have not been able to stop looping on the damn thing!

To say that it has a 10 sec. max delay time is not
saying enough. For example, you could have two 10 sec.
delays in parallel or series. You could have a string
of 8 delays, each one capable of up to 2 sec. delay.
Don't need that many delays? Swap out a few for some
of the many other available effects. Up to 16 para-
meters can be assigned to controllers per patch.
Controller options are midi cc, Digitech Control 1,
or the onboard modifiers: 2 LFOs (sin,tri,log,exp,sq)
& 2 dynamic modifiers. 100 user slots are available to
save your patches.

All delays are capable of both positive & negative
feedback, -99%-99%. With 1 or 2 exceptions, the delays
can be set to 100% feedback (hold).

I wish I had the ability & facility to let you hear it
instead of boring the crap out of you with a list of
features. This thing can't replace an EDP, but it can
pull off some things that you would need 2 EDPs & a
multi-fx box to accomplish. James is right. Because
it hasn't gone over big with guitar players, you can
find some good prices for used 2112s. The upgrade to
2120 can be had for under $100.

The most common gripes about this unit,(in no partic-
ular order) are:

1) The manual is 99% useless. (universal complaint)
2) No XLR outputs. (if you need'em, you need'em)
3) The wah doesn't sound like a Cry Baby. (it's not
   bad though)
4) It really can't nail that SRV,EVH,etc....tone.
   (I don't give a shit)
5) The seamless patch changes are not really seamless.
   (can't argue with this one)

I could go on with more of the bitchfest, but I won't.

There's a 2120 manual available for download at
http://www.digitech.com if you want to look.

I think those of you who cut your teeth looping
on stomp boxes would have a blast with this thing.
It has kept me distracted for a month now & I really
feel that I've just scratched the surface.

I'll be glad to answer any questions and will go ahead
& head off the more obvious ones...

No, it doesn't reverse delay.

Yes, you can assign tap tempo to a footswitch to set
a loop length.

No, you can't route the output of an effect back to
a prior effect.

No, it doesn't do delay spill-over, at least not in
the way that I recall dpc describing it.

I should add that I don't agree with James about
changing the delay time. Doing this on my 2120 would
destroy the loop in a way that is not pleasing to my
ears.

I'll shut up now.

John

===