Re: Burning Man anyone?

Hi Jeff,

I'm beggining some discussions concerning the dust control. Maybe
shrink wrap a GT-5 and leave only holes for cable jacks? Take a tiny 2
space rack for an EDP and Vortex and maybe also a Yamaha QY-70? I've
heard there are *plenty* of stages which were not in use a fair
portion of the time. I'm going to post a few messages to the Burning
Man bulletin board and see if I can make contact with any stage
managers or owners... I found a tabla player who'd love to meet and
jam next year. My keyboard playing friend has light show multi-media
types who are trying to figure out how to do that there as well.

Miko Biffle                                    "Running scared from
all the usual distractions..."
mbiffle@svg.com

>>> Jeff & Vonda McLeod <subversive@mindspring.com> 09/22 11:55 AM

Miko,
        I didn't get to attend, but I do know someone who did. I heard
that this
year's was pretty huge attendance-wise--more so that in the past.
From
riding dead horses to destroying tanks and armored vehicles with
various
other dead animals. Sounds pretty damned crazy. I would love to play
there
(with some dust covers, of course...).
Jeff McLeod

At 10:57 AM 9/22/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi gang!
>
>Did any of youse attend this years Burning Man festival? A key
playing
friend of mine returned and is now raving about all the
techo-electronic
music he saw and is trying to get me into his game plan for next
year...
While I'm very interested, I was initially very worried about dust
and dirt
in very expensive equipment. Also noisy generators etc. I'd love to
discuss
all of this as well as the potential for some possible collaboration
at
next years event with any of you.

>Miko Biffle                                    "Running scared from
all
the usual distractions..."
>mbiffle@svg.com

This is not here--