Re: Question of the Week -- when do you NOT loop?

Yeah it can be difficult but I find that with a small ensemble (duo or
trio or quartet) it can work out well when the other musicians can
hear the loop at a good level in the mix. Maybe the guys I play with
just listen  as I listen to them. A good long sound check and lower
stage levels can also realy help.I go back and forth from loop and no
loop ,bring em in when the groove is happening and pedal em out when
there's a glitch. The audience doesn't usually catch on if you're
quick about it. It's all in practice and experience. I know my brother
Robbie Aceto uses a headphone mix to the drummer in loud situations
.Works well to keep everything locked up and grooveacous.
Regards,
Eric
--
drop on by for a visit