(no subject)

I am having trouble getting a jamman to respond to program changes. I am
using the original software with a memory upgrade.
MIDI sync from my Ensoniq MR61 Keyboard works fine if I am transmitting
clock. When I attempt to send program change commands in addtion to the
clock
signal the jamman either refuses to respond or starts recording then
stopping
when it receives program change 000 or 001.
I have hooked up a midi mouse to the jamman and it accepts program changes
with no problem. But when I try to use send program change and midi clock
from the MR I'm stuck.
Is there the usual obvious answer staring me in the face that I don't see
now?
AA